I had tons of vegetables from my CSA. This is my way of using a lot of them in one recipe!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 Daikon radish, peeled and sliced
- 3 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 T. dried parsley
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28 oz.)
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Combine all ingredients except mushrooms and tomatoes in an 8-quart stock pot and add water to cover.
- Set burner at medium-low and simmer for about 3 hours.
- About 20 minutes before serving, add the tomatoes and mushrooms.
For the ultimate in enjoyment,. serve with cornbread and have a bottle of Worcestershire sauce on hand.
Note: The objective is to nearly fill an 8-quart stock pot with chopped/diced veggies. Use whatever vegetables are available!