This is a very basic cheese sauce to add some bam to relatively bland vegetables. Cauliflower comes to mind!
- 4 oz. Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 T. flour
- Freshly cracked black pepper (optional).
- Paprika (optional)
- Put cheese and milk in a small saucepan. Heat on the stove, covered, at just above the lowest setting. This should give you a slow melt with no danger of scorching. (On my electric range, the lowest setting is "LO". The next marked setting is "2". I set the heat between "LO" and "2".)
- After the cheese has melted (20+ minutes), and your vegetable dish is ready to serve, add the flour and raise heat to medium high.
- Whisk continually until sauce bubbles and thickens.
- Remove from heat and spoon onto your hot vegetable dish.
- For taste and presentation, I like to grind some black pepper on top of the veggies.
- Alternatively, a sprinkle of paprika will do wonders for the presentation.