- 3 T. olive oil
- 3 oz. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small head garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. butter
- 4 oz. shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 c. dry red wine
- 1 T. garlic chives, chopped
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 salmon steaks
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Long garlic chive shoots for garnish
- Heat 3 T. olive oil at medium-low in a large sauce pan.
- Add ginger and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Add 1/4 t. salt, soy sauce, and butter.
- When butter has melted, add mushrooms and cook gently for about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and raise heat to medium. Cook until sauce has been reduced and is thick.
- Add chopped chives and keep sauce warm while cooking fish.
- Heat 1 T. olive oil at medium-high in a large skillet.
- Just as the oil begins to smoke, add the salmon steaks.
- Cook steaks for 3 minutes. Turn and cook 5 more minutes.
- When steaks are done (flakes easily with a fork), transfer to plates. Spoon on sauce and top with long chive shoots for garnish.
Yield: 2 servings