Thursday, January 26, 2012

Grasshoppers Pickup Number 19


This week's basket contained:
  • 4 chicken wings
  • 4 bratwurst
  • 2 turnips
  • 5 hydroponic tomatoes
  • 1 bag of baby carrots
  • Salad greens
  • 3/4 lb. wheat berries

Chicken wings give me the chance to make a really fun dish. I'm thinking hot Indian spices and chips on the side. We'll see. The bratwurst will go in buns... duh.

These are real baby carrots--not massive carrots carved up to look like skinless baby carrots. I'm considering cooking diced turnips and baby carrots with butter and a little sugar as a side dish. (I have a variety of meats in my freezer that I need to use.)

The tomatoes would be good sliced and augmented with a little mayonnaise and freshly cracked black pepper.

The salad greens will be mixed in with store-bought veggies to make a bag of salad.

But, um, wheat berries? I thought this was brown rice until I read the Grasshoppers newsletter that declared it to be wheat berries. Nothing to say but "research is required".

No comments:

Post a Comment