- 4 medium/large sweet onions, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 5 small sweet peppers, chopped well
- 6 oz. package of stuffing mix
- 1 c. water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a 4-quart Dutch oven.
- Add onions and peppers and cook over medium heat for 2 hours.
- Add salt, pepper, water, and stuffing. Reduce heat to low and heat for 15 minutes.
This is more of an inspiration than a recipe. Obviously, you could cook the onions and peppers for less than 2 hours and produce a result of equal delectability. I'm just documenting my procedure here.
In my case, this dish will be combined with baby limas and beef stew to make a full meal.