- 1 lb. hamburger or chorizo
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 bunch green onions, whites and greens chopped separately
- 2 small cans green chilies, chopped
- 1 small can jalapenos, chopped
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 12 oz. V&V Supremo Queso Fresco, cubed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can chili without beans
- 1 can re-fried beans
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1 t. ground cumin
- ¼ t. salt
- ½ t. pepper
- Large (8”) tortillas
- V&V Supremo Queso Chihuahua, shredded
Side Dishes (Optional)
- Re-fried beans
- Spanish rice
- Brown hamburger or chorizo in canola oil. Set aside to cool.
- Brown onion, garlic, and the white part of the green onions. Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- When the meat has cooled, crumble it into the mixing bowl. Add the cooled onion-garlic mixture and blend well.
Burritos (1 serving)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place two good-sized spoonfuls of filling on each of two tortillas. Fold the burritos and place in a 9-inch Pyrex pie plate.
- (Optional) Add servings of any side dishes to the pie plate.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over burritos and re-fried beans (if present) and top with salsa.
- Wrap the pie plate tightly in aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.