Sunday, June 3, 2012

Grasshoppers Pickup Number 28


This week's basket contained:
  • 1 bunch green onions
  • 1 head lettuce
  • 1 bunch radishes
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • 2 small summer squash
  • 2 broccoli tops
  • 1 head garlic
  • 1 pt. strawberries
  • 1 salmon filet
The salmon filet was a surprise. Apparently it was raised in Kentucky. Who knew? I knew we produced prawns and catfish.

So, with the bulk of the produce, I have made salad (with the addition of cherry tomatoes and a cucumber) and salsa (with the addition of crushed tomatoes and jalapenos.

I had steamed the summer squash and one of the broccoli tops as a side to a salmon dinner. I should probably just chop up the other broccoli top and add it to my salad.

This time I put the strawberries into the fridge. I understand that the best flavor is to be had by leaving them out at room temperature. I've tried this, but since I'm not that huge a fan of fruits and berries, I ran into mold problems. I will enjoy these berries either with plain yogurt or sliced with cereal and milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment