Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cucumber Salad


My grandmother used to make a delicious and simple cucumber salad. I'm trying to duplicate that taste. Here's my latest effort.

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1 hot house cucumber, sliced
  • 1 t. dried dill weed
  • 1 T. dried parsley

Procedure

  1. Combine water and sugar and boil until sugar is dissolved (5 min. in microwave at high).
  2. Combine remaining ingredients in a sealable glass or Pyrex container
  3. Pour syrup into the container and mix.
  4. Store in refrigerator for at least one day before serving.

Notes


Other recipes I've tried have been too sweet for my taste. I'm looking for a pleasant vinegar taste with just enough sugar to round off the edges. My grandmother did not, as I recall, use dill weed or parsley, but I think that will be a good addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment