Thursday, February 9, 2012

Grasshoppers Pickup Number 20


This week's basket contained:
  • 5 hydroponic tomatoes
  • 1 small head red-leaf lettuce
  • 1 large bunch basil
  • 1 small bag baby carrots
  • 1 jar mild salsa
  • 3 rib eye steaks

The produce content of this week's basket was a little skinny compared to previous baskets. That's okay. This is the first year that Grasshopper's is doing winter produce. And getting 5 nice tomatoes pretty much makes up for any volume shortcomings.

The tomatoes, lettuce, and carrots will go into a salad. I'll be adding Romaine lettuce, radishes, a cucumber, and fresh mushrooms.

I'll use the basil in a spinach-and-basil pesto.

Having a jar of locally-made salsa puts me in the mind of making some Mexican food. Next weekend perhaps.

The rib eye steaks go into the freezer. I seriously have to make an effort to make meals that use more meat. In that spirit I plan on using a CSA chicken to make a curry this Saturday. I'm also planning on using some CSA bratwurst for a few simple dinners.

FOOD: It's what's for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment