- 1 small/medium acorn squash, cut lengthwise and seeded.
- 1/2 c. long grain rice, cooked
- 1/4 c. olive and/or canola oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 small turnip, diced
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. crushed rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- Cook rice.
- Add oil to a large skillet. Heat and add carrots, onion, turnip, and rice.
- Cook vegetables over medium-high heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until they are soft. Add a bit of water if the rice sticks to the skillet.
- Turn off heat and add spices to the vegetables. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place halved squash in a deep Corningware casserole dish. Fill each half with 1/2 of the stuffing mixture.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour.
Dudes and Dudettes, if this doesn't turn out good for ya, make a fix and post your improvement. Huzzah!