I guess it's about time that I started getting serious about finalizing my menu for Christmas dinner. The entree, Coq au Vin, is set and I think I have all the necessary ingredients on hand, including a free-range chicken.
So, here's my proposed menu.
- Appetizers (smoked salmon, cheese, crackers, Chilean Pinot Noir)
- Green Salad (store-bought salad mix with Italian dressing)
- Squash Soup
- Shrimp Cocktail (simple: shrimp + cocktail sauce)
- Coq au Vin (over new potatoes with crusty bread)
- Lagniappe (tortilla chips & salsa)
- Sweet Potato Pie
The word is: SLOW. As in "eat slowly". If I am to have any hope of making it through this menu I am going to have to refine the art of nibbling. Even so there's about an 80% chance that I will not be having a piece of Sweet Potato Pie at the end of this menu.
Food. I do love you so.