Friday, April 20, 2012

Grasshoppers Pickups Number 25


This week's basket contained:
  • 1 pt. strawberries
  • 1 bunch Swiss Chard
  • 1 head lettuce
  • 3 stalks baby green garlic
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • Bone-in pork chops

I've been enjoying the strawberries with plain yogurt as a dessert. Nice!

The lettuce... yeah... salad.

I don't know what to do with chard! Maybe it goes into salad or maybe I cook it as a side. Research.

As for the baby garlic, I have a fave recipe for "Leeks In Olive Oil" that could accommodate this baby garlic (which looks like young leeks). That would make a faboo side.

The cilantro may be an excuse to go Mexican. Salsa, enchiladas... you name it.

As for the meat... I am so behind schedule with the meat. Who knows. BBQ pork chops? Protein supplement to a bean dish? It's in the freezer for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment