Thursday, August 25, 2011

Grasshoppers: Pickup Number 8

In this week's basket:
  • A Boston Butt pork roast
  • A bunch of basil
  • An eggplant
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 7 sweet red peppers
  • 10 small potatoes
  • 1 apple
  • 2 pears

So, I'm like, "Yikes!" Okay, for the basil, I know I can make a delicious pesto and maybe use it on salmon when broiling. Um, seven sweet red peppers? For starters, I'm using one of the red peppers along with 3 of the potatoes to make a roast veggie side to a cheeburger tonight. That still leaves me with six sweet red peppers to use in the next, say, week and a half. Holy Capsicum, Batman! How are we gonna get out of this? Tune in next week... same Bat Time, same Bat Channel.

The eggplant, why not... more Eggplant Parmesan. Tomatoes... probably in a salad. The apple and pear will be consumed as snacks at work.

Truth to tell, meat is accumulating in my freezer. I guess I didn't realize how little meat I ate on a regular basis. A pork roast kinda screams for a potato and a green vegetable side. But I still have a huge amount of ham and some hamburger in the freezer.

I love that my CSA keeps me on my toes with regards to cooking. Settling into a dreary routine simply is not feasible.

No comments:

Post a Comment