Hey, this looks fun! Thanks to Grasshoppers Distributions for the recipe.
- 4 ears corn with husks
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 T chopped cilantro or parsley
- Remove tough outer leaves of husks and discard. Pull remaining husks back over the stem end, remove silk and cut corn cob off, leaving husks and stem end attached. Reserve 2-3 husks for later use.
- Cut corn off cobs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, or heat grill to medium high heat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper and sweet potato; cook until just tender, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in corn, chili powder, salt and hot pepper sauce. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in cilantro; remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
- Spoon about 1 cup vegetable mixture into each husk.
- Using a strip of the reserved husk or kitchen twine, tie the husks to enclose the filling. Trim excess husk 1/2 to 3/4 inch from ties.
- Place boats on a cookie sheet and bake until heated through and husks are beginning to brown, about 12-15 minutes. If grilling, place on grill over direct heat and turn 1/4 turn every few minutes to prevent burning. Remove when all sides are lightly browned.