Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Grasshoppers Pickup Number 26


This week's basket contained:

  • 2 heads Romaine lettuce
  • 8 small tomatoes
  • 1 pint strawberries
  • 1 bunch mint
  • 1 bunch garlic chives
  • 2 cucumbers
  • 7 small potatoes
  • 2 lamb shanks

The strawberries were eaten with plain yogurt. Very delicious as a dessert or breakfast.

The mint went into Mint Juleps. That was the idea, eh? Still got a few sprigs left.

I used some garlic chives on baked salmon. Maybe the rest will go that route, too.

I steamed the potatoes as a side to a salmon + veggie dinner.

The lamb shanks are calling me to make some kind of curry. Maybe this coming weekend.

Everything else is just screaming SALAD! I only sliced up one of the two cucumbers into the salad mix. I intend to use the second cucumber as follows: sliced cucumber, sugar, vinegar. A very delicious salad I remember from my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment